Welcome to The Albany Promise Cradle to Career Partnership!
Albany Promise is a regional, cross-sector partnership where community leaders in Albany, New York come together to support a shared cradle to career education vision. Albany Promise is made up of education, community, business, civic and philanthropic leaders. Partners began meeting in February 2011 and together have developed a cradle to career education vision, mission, and goals for the Albany community. Partners meet frequently to tackle some of the most pressing challenges and to take advantage of some of its biggest opportunities, such as aligning and leveraging existing resources. The partnership will serve as a catalyst for working together, across sectors, and along the educational continuum, to drive better results in education.
Through its members, Albany Promise commits to:
- Work together over the long-haul to improve education outcomes for students;
- Align individual and collective action;
- Advocate for and promote the effective use of data and data-driven decision-making processes; and
- Measure the success of the partnership by tracking its progress against relative outcomes.
- Early Childhood Success
- Fourth Grade Success
- High School Success
If you are currently working to improve the following student academic outcomes and would like to join our Action Teams, please contact us at Albanypromiseinfo@suny.edu
- Increase enrollment in quality early child care programs
- Increase the proportion of Albany children performing at or above benchmark upon entering pre-kindergarten
- Increase Fourth grade ELA/Math proficiency
- Increase the number of ninth graders with five or more credits toward graduation
- Decrease the average days missed by ninth graders
- Increase high school graduation rates